FANCY A CUPPA? CBD TEA’S ARE BREWING
To celebrate the launch of our new CBD Tea range, here are some fun facts, tips on making the perfect brew and a little more information on why CBD Tea is the way forward.
- Did you know?
- Tea is the 2nd most consumed drink in the world
- 165 million cups of tea are drank in the UK everyday
- The first tea bags were made from silk
- Milk was first added to tea so that the porcelain cups wouldn’t be ruined
- National tea day is on April 21st
Did you also know that green, white and black teas come from the same plant? That tea plant is called Camellia Sinensis. The difference comes in the processing. So whilst green tea is steamed or fired after picking to prevent oxidation, the young leaves and buds of a white tea are simply left to dry naturally. As white teas tend to be harvested earlier in the year, they tend to be sweeter and more delicate in flavour than green or black teas. Black tea is fully oxidized, which blackens the leaves and gives them their distinct briskness and bold taste.
- How to make the perfect brew…
- Always use fresh water, never re-boil the same water
- The ideal temperature is no hotter than 100 degrees C
- Pour from a height so it cools the water on impact and it oxygenates the brew to bring out more flavour
- If you’re not using loose tea, use pyramid bags as they allow for greater infusion and therefore flavour as the leaves are free to waft about!
- The longer you leave the tea to brew the more caffeine will be released, but the more CBD will be released if you’re using ours! Ideally with The Tonic teas the deal brewing time is 5 to 10 minutes – you get more flavour too
So why do we use Water Soluble CBD and not CBD Oil?
The Tonic CBD Tea only uses our own unique water-soluble CBD extract, the most easily absorbed CBD available with almost 100% bioavailability. That’s up to 10x more absorption than an oil equivalent. If you ingest a traditional CBD oil, you will only absorb about 5% of the cannabinoids. We only ever use genuinely full spectrum CBD, with the widest range of cannabinoids and terpenes possible. Combined with our luxury organic tea blends, this is an exclusive, premium product that is second to none
View our entire range of CBD teas here, including the naturally caffeine-free herbal tea Fruit Explosion, here